- Notify the police and request police presence at the scene of the accident.
- Request for particulars of the other parties involved in the accident.
- Provide all necessary information to the police.
- Request for the name and contact details of the police officer handling the case
- Provide the Police with your driver’s licence, proof of insurance and vehicle registration book.
- Obtain a conclusive Police Report for submission to your insurer.
*NB: Do NOT negotiate or offer compensation to the other party. This is a function of your insurer. Whatever type of motor insurance policy you have, the insurer will appropriately compensate the parties involved in the accident.